The Surrey Association of Church Bell Ringers was founded on the 17th May 1880 with membership drawn from the churches of Ashtead, Beddington, Bletchingley, Croydon, Horley, Kingston, Leatherhead, Mitcham, Nutfield, Streatham and Wimbledon. Today the Association has over 600 members from 71 churches in east Surrey and south London. Our aims, which have changed little since those early days, are to promote and support bell ringing in east Surrey and south London.
The Association's activities are organised by an elected group of officers who meet three times a year.
Towers in the Association are separated into two Districts - the Northern and the Southern District. Each District is led by an elected group of ringers (including a Master and Secretary) who organise regular practices and other social and ringing events. These events are open to all members, regardless of which District ringers belong to.
The Surrey Association is affiliated to the Central Council of Church Bell Ringers.
Members pages: our online information resource for members is accessible here.